This week we are baking a Chex mix. The following is my personal recipe for Lemon Love Chex Mix.
- 9 cups Rice Chex® cereal
- 1 cup white vanilla baking chips (6 oz)
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup gluten free lemon cake mix
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 250°F. In large bowl, place cereal; set aside.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave white chips and butter uncovered on High 30 seconds; stir. Continue to microwave in 30-second increments until chips and butter are softened and can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla.
- Drizzle mixture over cereal; toss until well coated. Sprinkle dry cake mix, powdered sugar and candies over cereal; toss until well coated. Spread in single layer in 15x10-inch pan or large cookie sheet.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes. Cool about 15 minutes. Store tightly covered at room temperature.
From June 2nd - 8th, You can go to Kroger and take advantage of great savings on Chex and some of your other favorite brands from General Mills like Pillsbury, Totino´s, and Yoplait. Just buy 5 participating General Mills products in the same shopping trip and get a coupon to save $5 on your next visit to Kroger. Look for special tags on participating products. For more details on this savings event, please visit www.kroger.com.
If you have a recipe using Chex that you would like to share, leave it in the comments below. One lucky reader will be chosen to receive a $25 Kroger gift card.
The information and prize pack have been provided by General Mills through MyBlogSpark.