Thursday, February 26, 2009

Favorite Food Thursday


I love Sweet Potato Fries!

I think the first time I ever had this wonderful super food in french fry form was in a little cafe in Carrolton, Ga. Now I try to eat them every time I get a chance. You can spice them up with Rosemary and Taco Seasoning or sweeten them up with Cinnamon and Powdered Sugar. Either way they always are the perfect treat for me, and for the Husband too.

The first time I tried to make this side dish at home it was a disaster. It is really hard to cut the potatoes into the perfect shape so that they cook well. Now that is not a problem because I have found a much quicker and efficient way to get my sweet potato fix, I use Alexia Sweet Potatoes. They are about 3.00 a bag and they feed a family of four for sure. Just stick them in the oven and then walah! MMMmmm!

Just in case you want to try the harder way at home, here is the recipe I use:

Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries
serves 4-6

1 - 1 1/2 lb sweet potatoes
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.

Peal the sweet potatoes. Cut into strips.

Place the sweet potatoes into a sealable plastic bag. Add oil, salt, paprika and cinnamon or a pinck of salt and Taco Seasoning. Seal the bag and shake well to thoroughly coat the fries. Spread the potatoes out onto the baking sheet in a single layer.

Cook for 30 minutes, turning every 10 minutes. Transfer immediately to a paper towel lined plate and serve warm.

No comments: