Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy New Year!

So here it is, 2010. What is it about the New Year that gives us the feeling that we too must start over like our calendars have? There is something that is so appealing to me about starting over. An opportunity to begin again with the hope that maybe this time I will get it right. This time I will get fit, get organized, get spiritual, get financially secure, get perfect. The hope that this will be the year I finally do it, and this is my opportunity to begin. I think that this innate desire in me points me to something deeper about myself: my constant need for do-overs and my constant longing for redemption, for all things to be made right. It reminds me that no matter how hard I try and work toward something I will always fall a little short of mine and others standards, but nevertheless I will still hope that my failings will be redeemed.  I am thankful for New Years, to remind me of  my need of redemption.


A sunset that the husband and I saw on New Years Weekend.

No comments: